Job Role: Customer and Field Service Support Engineer Reporting to: Head of Customer Services and Support
Overall Job Purpose:To undertake the Customer Service and Support activities for the cash handling hardware and software systems provided by the Company Nationwide. Providing exemplary levels of customer service, with a commitment to ensure the customer enjoys the best possible service experience from PCS to encourage potential for enhanced and repeat business. To have the ability to install, service and maintain many types electronic cash management devices (hardware and software). Great communication skills, able to provide technical support and basic user familiarisation / training where requested.
- Report on a regular basis, as required, to the Head of Customer Services and Support Support system pilots with new clients.
- Oversee the role out of new client installations nationwide.
- Oversee annual support and maintenance programmes nationwide.
- Monitor and report on stock levels of equipment and spares parts to ensure adequate levels of stock maintained to support estate management and servicing.
- Liaise and develop strong collaborative working relationships with the other members of the team to ensure effective project and programme management of company initiatives.
- Supervise periodic budget development for functional area of customer service.
- Role in the selection, implementation and the development of the core business management systems operated.
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls to underpin the reliability of operations.
- Assume a role in the definition, development and implementation of Company-wide processes and procedures to drive productivity and efficiencies.
- Champion the continuous improvement of the business and initiatives to address challenges faced.
- Develop a strong, capable and commercially-focused customer service and operations team.
- Support the personal development of individuals operating under the Employee’s leadership and ensure it complements the objectives of the Company.
- Consistently drive the achievement of monthly and annual financial key performance indicators across the Company.
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time due to the nature of the Company’s business.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- A good understanding of electronic and mechanical systems
- Willing to train on varying new cash handling products
- Experience of working as a mobile engineer
- Excellent customer service skills and a commercial knowledge and understanding
- IT skills and use of PDA / smartphone device software
- Full Irish/EU driving license
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience within the cash handling service industry or similar on complimentary systems such as electronic cash management devices, electronic access control, barriers, turnstiles and alarm systems
- Locksmith background with relevant training / qualifications
Five Core Competencies:
- Resilience / Adaptability (to handle changing priorities well, work well under pressure without ‘flapping’ and to present a positive image)
- Commitment – Loyal to both organisation and colleagues
- Communication Skills (excellent in order to listen to and empathise with customers and present a positive image of PCS.)
- Problem Solving – to establish all the facts resolving the situation independently using own initiative, consulting with experienced colleagues, team leaders and suppliers as necessary
- Delivering results (to ensure customer calls are resolved quickly and efficiently, to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and targets, and use own initiative to get the job done)
- Customer First
- Managing Resources
- Job Knowledge & Expertise
- Influencing & Negotiating
- Leadership Skills
Possible Training Requirements:
- Gunnebo product training in locations like Sweden, Germany and Spain (essential: cash management devices)
- Service technician software
- Base salary and bonus depending on experience and qualifications.
- Car/van, mobile phone and laptop.